Kent Arts and Wellbeing are working with Voluntary Arts England and Age UK to promote the work undertaken by Age UK Oxfordshire to respond to the need of older people to be engaged with creative and cultural activity. This is part of a national campaign.
The meeting on Friday 25th October at Lenham Community Centre will be a great opportunity to understand this important initiative; network with other like-minded individuals and organisations; and perhaps plan future activities together.
Interested in contributing to improving opportunities for creative and cultural engagement?
Contact: Ken Scott on email@example.com
Programme – 10:30 -12:45
- Introductions and housekeeping Ken Scott
- Why is creative and cultural participation important in later life? Farrell Curran
- What do we know about cultural engagement and older people in Kent? Ken Scott
- Round table exercise – what is on offer locally? (What creative opportunities can you think of for older people across Kent)
- Introducing the Age UK Inspiration Pack for Age and Culture Sector Partnerships (Why it was created and what it includes) Farrell Curran
- Comfort Break
- Ideas for the Age Sector, overview of the different models Farrell Curran
- Creative Volunteering Ken Scott
- Voluntary Arts Kevin Grist
- Cultural Venues Roz Meredith
- NHS Commissioning Stuart Brown
- Social Prescribing Mark Dopson
- Others Rose Ellerson
- Next Steps